Barzee Flores has a reputation for aggressively defending mortgage fraud cases in Miami and Miami-Dade County. As prosecutors are becoming more aggressive in pursuing criminal charges against both real estate professionals and property owners who have fraudulently transacted real estate deals—either knowingly or unknowingly—those accused of mortgage fraud, bank fraud, wire fraud or money laundering need an aggressive fraud attorney to represent them.
Attorneys for Bank Fraud, Wire Fraud & Money Laundering
Property owners not experienced at buying and selling real estate are just as likely to find themselves defendants in a mortgage fraud indictment as real estate professionals such as investors, brokers, loan officers, owners and employees of title companies, Realtors, appraisers and builders. During the real estate bubble—and even after it burst—the perceived the benefits of owning a home or of offering mortgage loans to potential homeowners led to an environment in which fraud escalated considerably. Most often, mortgage fraud cases involve one or more of the following:
- Failure to disclose a primary or secondary residence
- Fraudulent property transfers
- Collusion between the buyer and seller to hide a property’s true sale value
- Falsification of documents
- Money laundering
- Real estate agents making offers to buyers with increasingly high amounts of cash back
- Lenders, typically not associated with banks, engaging in false documentation
- Fraudulent documentation or disclosure of the borrower’s income, prior tax returns, or asset availability
- Property appraisal at inflated values
Our Goal: Use the Law to Get Charges Reduced or Dismissed
Barzee Flores has a strong record getting fraud case charges reduced or dismissed, and averting grand jury proceedings. While we will consider plea negotiations when that may be in our client’s best interest, as skilled trial attorneys, will not hesitate to take a case to court in order to protect our client’s rights. Call us today to review your case with you.